Energy Saving Tips... that will reduce your energy costs and make your home or business more comfortable.
The following tips are some of the most effective, easy, and inexpensive ways to reduce energy consumption and minimize energy loss. Not only will you save money on your heating and water heating costs, you may also reduce your electricity consumption as well.
Use Energy Wisely...
- Seal leaks around doors, windows, and other openings such as pipes or ducts, with caulk or weather-stripping.
- Setting your thermostat back from 70 to 65 degrees for an eight-hour period at night or while you're away can save you up to 10 percent on your heating costs.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat for convenience and comfort. It will automatically adjust your thermostat up and down when you want it to.
- Change or clean furnace filters once a month during the heating season.
- Set water heater temperatures at 120 degrees. A family of four, each showering for five minutes a day, uses 700 gallons of water each week. By lowering the thermostat on the water heater to 120 degrees, families can cut water-heating bills without sacrificing comfort.
- Install energy saving water-flow restrictors in showerheads and faucets. You can save thousands of gallons of water per year and the energy required to heat it.
- Always look for and purchase ENERGY STAR® labeled products when replacing old and inefficient appliances and heating equipment.
- Contact your utility to find out about other energy efficiency programs that will save you energy and money.
- Use the Links Section in this website to find out about more energy saving products and services.