The Early Heating Equipment Replacement rebate is back for 2014 - New and Improved!
The Early Heating Equipment Replacement rebate has come to an end. If your customer has already had your Home Energy Assessment and you have a functioning boiler (30+ years old) or furnace (12+ years old), that qualified for the Early Heating Equipment Rebate you have until October 31, 2014 to install you equipment and submit your paperwork.
- Eligible customers received the rebate form at the time of their assessment, (or by US Mail following their assessment). Customers can confirm their eligibility for a rebate by calling 866-527-SAVE (7283).
- Install eligible equipment must be by October 31, 2014.
- Have your customer complete and submit the Rebate Form and other required documentation; postmarked no later than October 31, 2014 to receive the rebate.
Early Heating Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be a residential customer of a Mass Save sponsor
- Municipal Electric customers must heat with natural gas provided by a participating Gas Utility
- Customer must request a Mass Save Home Energy Services Program Site Visit between April 15, 2014 and September 30, 2014, prior to replacing their boiler or furnace
- Customer must be offered a rebate form prior to replacing the equipment
- Equipment must be installed by October 31, 2014
- Completed Rebate Form and supporting documentation must be submitted by October 31, 2014
- Fuel switching/conversion is NOT eligible for this offer
- Distribution change/conversion is NOT eligible for this offer
- At the time of the Site Visit, customer must have an existing boiler (at least 30 years old) or furnace (at least 12 years old), to be eligible for the replacement program
- Existing boiler or furnace must be functional at the time of the assessment and fueled by natural gas, propane or oil
- Equipment must be installed in a 1–4 family home
- Customers receiving the Early Heating Equipment Replacement Rebate are NOT eligible for any other Mass Save or GasNetworks heating equipment rebates on installed equipment, however, customers may be eligible for 0% financing through the Mass Save HEAT Loan Program.
Whether it is a washing machine or a new heating system, if it carries the ENERGY STAR label it will save you energy. So next time you are in the market for new appliances, heating/cooling equipment, or even constructing a new home make sure you look for the ENERGY STAR label.
What is ENERGY STAR®?
ENERGY STAR® is a voluntary labeling program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. ENERGY STAR® partners include manufacturers, national and regional retailers, state and local governments, and more than 100 utilities that serve approximately one half of U.S. households. These partners help the government establish energy efficiency criteria, label products, and promote the manufacture and use of ENERGY STAR® products.
To find out more about these programs and others, just click here to find links to individual GasNetworks member utilities.